Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Favorite Linux Program Ever!

Hello Everybody,
Today I will be talking briefly about my Top Favorite Linux program, I use it on all of my Linux Installs. It's Called Asunder, and it's a very good Audio CD ripper. It's also Available by default in most of the Ubuntu-based Software Repositories; I just Personally wish that there was a version for Windows OS. Don't know why I like the Software, probably mostly due to the cool name. You will need to install the LAMEMp3 Libraries to Encode/Rip your Audio CDs in MP3 format. If you experiment with Ubuntu Linux or any other Distro, I highly recommend using Asunder to Rip your Audio CDs.
I am also Recommending the Linux Mint Distro, as it's the easiest to use for Beginners. I personally use Linux Mint 18.1 "Serena". (Current release: 18.3 "Sylvia") Linux Mint 18.x uses Linux Ubuntu 16.04 LTS "Xenial" as the Base, so you can install any PPA Repo or Debian Package (.deb) that is compatible with Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial". As I previously mentioned, Asunder should be in the Default Ubuntu Repos; So, after you configure the Closest Mirrors to you, just Enter the following Command in the Terminal:

sudo apt-get install asunder 

It will prompt you for the Password, enter it (won't show the characters when typed); the hit enter.

External Links:
Asunder: Graphical Audio CD Ripper and Encoder for Linux (Official Site) 
Asunder: Graphical Audio CD Ripper and Encoder for Linux (Ubuntu Launchpad)
Asunder: Graphical Audio CD Ripper and Encoder for Linux (Linux Mint Software Portal)
Asunder: Graphical Audio CD Ripper and Encoder for Linux (Wikipedia)

Additional Links:
About: Linux Mint (Official Site)

My Local Linux Mint and Ubuntu Repository Mirror: 
Location: Rochester, NH, United States 
Mirror IP Address: 65.175.128.102 (found by the Cmd Prompt "ping" command)

Atlantic Broadband [MetroCast Cablevision] 
(Also an CentOS, Linux Fedora and Arch Linux Mirror; Hosts some ISO Install Images, as well.) 

Note: Feel free to use this Mirror if you live in the New Hampshire Area, for Faster Downloads/Updates with Software.
Note2: MetroCast Cablevision is currently Owned and Operated under the Atlantic Broadband Moniker. (As of May 2018)

Best Windows Alternative to Asunder:
Coming Soon, Needs more Testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Game Emulation - Updated 2023

I love to Emulate old Retro Video Game Consoles on my PC. And sometimes some even more Modern Consoles as well. Here are Some great Guides...